Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

You'll Walk Alone

I was up early, Ellie was dropped off at 6:31, and I was slightly surprised but ready! After a cuddle, she went upstairs to Nana (closely followed by me, with a cup of tea). We sorted out breakfast and ensured she was ready for school, then, at the allotted time, I walked her to the school gates and headed off for my walk.

I was out for an hour or so, and managed to finish the audiobook I have been listening to for a couple of months. Like the previous books in the Millennium Series, it had been excellent. As I walked the last few hundred yards, I started a new book. I am hoping that my walks will return to a daily schedule now, and I should crack through the books more quickly.

When I arrived home, Diane had already left for Pilates. I settled down with a coffee and some breakfast and returned to my coding project. This kept me occupied most of the day, but this part of it is almost ready for prime time. I think an hour or two, and it will be done. I did stop at various points during the day, clearing some ironing, sorting lunch and so forth.

Di had enjoyed her session at Pilates, and arrived home at about 13:00. She got an alert. The school had sent an email/form regarding permission for Year 5 children to walk to and from school unaccompanied. Zoe authorised this, but for today we still went to greet Ellie as she burst out of the class. She is planning to walk alone tomorrow (though I might, surreptitiosly chose that time to go for my walk).

No comments: