Another day, another day off. I was up by seven and consumed my morning coffee and the overnight news before Di came down. She was a bit stiff after spending too much time on her feet pottering around yesterday.
Once breakfast was out of the way, I stripped the table and reduced it to normal size. We didn't put the protective cover on as Di had decided to give it a coat of wax. Meanwhile, I sorted out the bins and then attacked the top oven. It has been a while since we last cleaned it (though we don't use it much), and it was time! I stripped out the shelving and then coated the interior with oven cleaner. I dropped the shelves in the sink with a dishwasher tablet and some hot water and then left them while I went to do some coding. By the time I came back, the shelves just needed a wipe, and they were clean. The chemicals in the oven would take longer, so I returned to my coding for a couple of hours.
While I was tapping away at the keyboard, Di did some more on her Book Nook. It is coming along nicely, and makes a change from the Kindle.
I prepared a pork roast for dinner, with some lovely crackling. We have enough left for me to use for dinner on Tuesday evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment