- be filled with hate, vitriol, and invective
- be jealous of what others have
- believe they have a right to have what others have worked hard to achieve
- sow a message of despair through distortion of the facts
- prefer catchy slogans to demonstrable facts or science
Now excuse me, but
- the Gorse Fox worked hard at school to get a good education
- got a job, starting at the bottom as a data-correction clerk
- has worked hard for 42 years (so far) - often exceeding 70, 80, or even 90 hours per week
- is happy that some of his taxes help those who are in need through infirmity or injury, and doesn't really mind too much that they support workers and their families where their wages do not match their basic requirements
This doesn't mean that some socialist can continually demand more and complain when the Government puts a cap on the benefits INCREASE scheduled for future years... The Gorse Fox's employer - like most in the private sector is quick enough to cap or even cancel salary increases if the financial climate is not right. Why then should this not apply to management of the Government purse.
The Gorse Fox can't help but think that socialism and extreme left-wing politics are a cancer at the heart of the country. It was discredited and dismantled in the Soviet east - but like many cancers seems to have survived and metathesized here.