Search This Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Perturbation

It may be a sign, or maybe a harbinger(*).

There is definitely a perturbation in the fabric of the universe. It has only been known once before, but it occurred again today. The first time was in 1987 and a hurricane had devastated southern England. The Gorse Fox was trapped in his village and unable to get to a scheduled customer meeting.

Now, for the second time in his career, the Gorse Fox was late for a customer meeting. This has shaken him up. Punctuality is important to the Gorse Fox. It shows respect and attention and is a basic tenet of good manners. Today's event was worrying - could we be approaching the end of times? Are the prophecies of Revelations beginning? Hopefully, no. Hopefully it was just the fact that a person was taken ill on a train in front of ours and we were stuck outside the station for 45 minutes whilst paramedics handled the situation,

But don't take any chances.

(*) Harbingers can be so hard to come by these days. They are obviously nearing extinction and tend to carry an air of doom.

2 comments:

cousteau cub said...

I inherited this particular foible form you - almost the worst thing that could happen to me is to be personally late. I strongly dislike other people doing it, but if it happens to me I am in a bad mood for the remainder of the day - stay away! Same thinf , I belive it has happened to me perhaps twice ever. Respect, arrive early, relax etc.

cousteau cub said...

Additionally this is a very difficult thing to "marry" living in thailand. Thai time is it's own zone, and many non-thai staff from europe etc, start to fal in to the this frame of mind which I still have problems with!

I wake up at 5:30 as I know I'm awful with people when I first awake, have to walk the dog and be at work for 6:30/6:45 depending upon which boat. Why then do I end up walking to other people's houses or waiting for staff arriving 20 minutes + late.

Getting older!!!! I go to bed early instead of going out drinking I guess