Thursday, December 03, 2015

News, Parting and Travelling

We had been woken yesterday by Urban-Cub calling to say the the interview had gone well and she has got the promotion. Not bad eh? Five or six months into the new job and already promoted.

We grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then Cousteau-Cub turned up to spend the morning with us. We just sat and chatted and made the most of our last few hours. There's no doubt we will miss her (and the Coventry Hobbit) dreadfully when we go. We had a last much with them at Drunken Sailor, where they no have added a Leo Lassi to the special menu to go along with the Jon-burger. (Perhaps you had to be there).

The journey started for real at about 1300 with the trip to the first ferry. Having hear of people taking over3 hours to get off the island recently, we were quite pleased that we managed to get to the mainland in under 90 minutes.

The flight to BKK went without incident, and at BKK we checked in to one of the Lounges. Unfortunately it wasn't the VIP one we used last time (Gorse Fox couldn't remember exactly where that was). This lounge (the same brand) was a lot smaller, a lot busier, and allowed children in to disturb the general ambience.

The Silver Vixen has been using a walking stick while travelling. This has proved a great aid for her, but also a boon when it comes to boarding the aircraft. For each of our flights we were ushered onto the plane before general boarding started. This meant we could settle without any of the usual hustle and bustle.

It's a long flight from BKK to LHR (12 hours, plus) but the A380 was a sumptuous carriage and the journey was immensely comfortable. We landed more or less on time, and again the Silver Vixen was offered a buggy to take from the aircraft, through immigration, and on to the baggage hall. (The Gorse Fox had to walk with the hand luggage, but that was no problem - indeed he got there first). Urban-Cub was waiting for us as we came out of the baggage hall and we were soon on our way home. By the time we opened the door we had been travelling for 27 hours, but it had been worth it to spend some time on Koh Lanta with Cousteau-Cub and the Coventry Hobbit.

No comments: