Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

A sense of the ridiculous

So the Gorse Fox was on the tube. He'd been in the office longer than planned. It was time to zip across town to Victoria. The tube left the station and within a few hundred yards stopped. Several seconds of silence ensued before the loudspeaker crackled into life:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your driver. We are being held at a red light. I have no idea why, and I've left my big red manual of crappy excuses back in the depot. If any of you can come up with an excuse, write it on a piece of paper and slip it under my door. Meanwhile, settle down, I expect we will be moving again at some point."

The passengers in the carriage laughed and grinned. What a splendid way to defuse the delay. In fact we were only there for a minute or so and were soon rolling towards Victoria.

No comments: