- Co. Durham was badly affected and covers about 650,000 acres.
- 1 inch of rain across 1 acre weighs 113.25 tons
- It was estimated that they received 4 inches of rain
Now spread this further - to Yorkshire and across Northumberland and across the South and the sums become ridiculous.
- England is 130,400 sq. km, which is 32222541.6824 acres
- Assume we only received 2 inches of rain, on average over the past couple of days; that's 226.5 tons/acre
- That's a staggering 7,298,405,691 tons of rain in 48 hours or so