Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stuff and nonsense

The Gorse Fox’ appeal regarding his penalty charge has been denied.

He should explain, that he wrote to the department, as follows:

Dear Sir or Madam

Whilst I do not contest that the vehicle shown is mine, and that I was driving. I do contest the circumstances whereby this PCN was issued. I do not accept that I have contravened any of the restrictions.

Fortunately, I use Google Latitudes to maintain a history of my journeys.

I had left home to collect my daughter from the Premier Inn in Bath Road. This was shown to be at 15 Bath Road. Programming this into the Sat Nav, it directed me to Hounslow.

Inline images 1

As you can see, at 15:48 I had just missed the turn

Inline images 2

A minute or so later I turned back (at 15:49)

Inline images 3

Turning back (going round the block and waiting for the lights) at 15:52 I was again approaching the turn towards the Bath Road

Inline images 5

I then turned into Lampton Road

Inline images 4

Where I slowly turned round (as the road was empty and I was not delaying traffic, nor blocking anyone) and looked to find 15 Bath Road. I would assert that I was not waiting (nobody left or joined the vehicle) was not loading, or unloading nor contravening the traffic enforcement, but searching for my destination.

It was at this point that it became clear that there was no Premier Inn at 15 Bath Road so I realised I needed to be at 15 Bath Road in Hayes. By two minutes later I was up near the Catholic Church on the A3006.

Inline images 6

I therefore respectfully request that this PCN be cancelled.

It would appear that there is a lack of common sense and humanity and the Gorse Fox will have to pay up – unless he fancies taking this to court. He is not amused, but is not wealthy enough to pursue this through the courts (which is what these people count on).

No comments: