Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Mourning

The Gorse Fox decided to pay the parking fine as he cannot be bothered to fight the bureaucracy. He informed Hounslow of this…

Dear Sir or Madam

I am in receipt of your "Rejection of Representation" note regarding the above PCN. Thank you for taking so long to deliberate, your humanity and understanding do you, and the Council credit. If I was wealthy I would take this further, but cannot afford to waste the time and effort. I would, however, make the following point in response to your standard response note:

  1. The yellow line and stripes were accompanied by the white "No Loading" signs.
    It is quite clear that I was neither loading nor unloading.
  2. The kerb stripes mean that I was not allowed to park - even to load and unload - at certain times.
    I had not parked.
  3. The double stripe means it applies 24 hours a day.
    I appreciate that, and as I was in the vicinity for less than 2 minutes, this point is moot.
  4. A single stripe means the rule applies some of the time....
  5. I was sent the notice because evidence shows my vehicle parked at a time when the rule applies.
    No it does not, it shows my vehicle was stationary. I was not parked, I had just done a 3-point turn (to get out of the cul-de-sac), I was in full control of the vehicle, the engine was running, and the handbrake was not applied.
  6. The "purpose of this rule is to improve traffic flow and safety at busy times"
    It is a cul-de-sac - there is NO through traffic - any traffic entering the road must do a three point turn as I did.
    It was Sunday afternoon - hardly a busy time.
    Even your CCTV shows no other vehicle impeded and I was therefore not having any impact on traffic flow. The only pedestrian was on the pavement several yards from the car.

Yours, in mourning for the death of common sense,

It will have no effect – but GF felt better for sending it.

No comments: