Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Plane -vs- Water

What an incredible news story boke over the past 24 hours. The landing(?) of the Airbus in the Hudson River and the safe evacuation of all on board. Now, the Gorse Fox has flown many hundreds of times and watched the safety briefing time ad time again, but deep down he never really believed that there could be a successful water landing. He is delighted to be proven wrong.

Now with the UK Government announcing the go-ahead for Heathrow's third runway it makes you wonder if they could have used Staines Reservoir instead of Sipson and Harmondsworth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you I think I will pay a little more attention to the safety brief in future - I used to mumble "Can you guarantee it won't break up on hitting the water" as I watched the life-jacket stuff. Now I guess we know - at least for an A320!