Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

Total broadband - total something

After 20 minutes of searching, the Gorse Fox found a contact number for BT Broadband on one of the pages of their site.
He dials. The number is out of use, and has been replaced.
He dials the new number.
He plays tag with the menu options and eventually gets through to a human.
"Hello, my name is Gary, how can I help you?"
"Hello, I'm the Gorse Fox and I ordered an upgrade to BT Total Broadband through your website, at the weekend. As yet I have had no form of confirmation. Can you tell me the status of the order".
"Can you confirm your number?"
The Gorse Fox obliged.
"Ahh!" said Gary "I see the problem. You can't upgrade because you don't have Broadband on that line"
The Gorse Fox assured Gray that he did, he had been using it for at least 5 years, and what's more he was being charged for it.
"No, you definitely don't have Broadband"

There was a slight break in the Gorse Fox's legendary equanimity.
"I'll transfer you" said Gary, and there was a slight pause.

"Hello, my name is Gloria, thankyou for calling BT Yahoo, how can I help you this evening?"
"Well, Gloria" said the Gorse Fox as went on to explain his query...
"You can't upgrade, sir" GF could almost hear the exasperation in her voice, "you don't have Broadband"
"Then please explain why you are billing the Gorse Fox for a service he doesn't have"

There was evidently no script on the call centre computer to handle that response. Gloria had to think for herself. She dug into the system, and lo! and behold! she found that Gorse Fox did indeed have Broadband... but that his online upgrade had not been processed. The order was resubmitted over the phone... and now we must wait.


[File under: ]

No comments: