Search This Blog

Saturday, July 01, 2006

No Choirboys

Reading the BBC Online reports on the fracas after the Germany -vs- Argentina game, there are some classic lines:
Germany's Torsten Frings said of the incident: "They (Argentina) are bad losers. They lost their minds."

Yes... but, Torsten, what else would you expect?
Argentina's unused substitute Leandro Cufre was shown a red card for kicking Germany's Per Mertesacker in the melee. The German defender said: "They are no choirboys."

"One of their players attacked me even though I did not do anything. I have three or four red marks on my thigh and then he kicked me again in the groin."

But, but, but...
"It just shows they are bad sports and are badly behaved. I hope their players get suspended."

GF would assert that this has been evident throughout the competition. It is just an extreme demonstration of the lack of sportsmanship they have shown throughout.

[File under: ]

No comments: