Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2005

Auntie's party... the journey

Gorse Fox went to auntie's party last night. This meant taking the train up to London early evening. In general these journeys are uneventful and unremarkable. Yesterday, however, the journey was lightened by a dishevelled chap boarding the train at Croydon (but too scruffy to be a Croy-magnon). As he processed through the train his patter went something like this...
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to interrupt your journey. I wouldn't be so crass as to ask for any loose change that you might have spare. So, could anyone lend me fifty quid until next Tuesday. I promise I'll pay you back when i get my pension"

Inventive thought the GF... no mention of interest on the loan, and said individual looked 30 years from pensionable age. Didn't seem like a good investment, but did raise a chuckle.

No comments: