Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2004

Light touchpaper

Early start to a potentially busy week. Last appraisal just written, contract refinements to continue, trip to London.

The Silver Vixen had to go to worthing first thing. Fortunately, she was early enough to miss the gathering hordes of Christmas locusts, and was back home within about 90 minutes.

Headed off to London. Ticket office closed, but having hung around in the waiting area for a while, I realised the other chap in there was a railway guard, selling tickets! Doh!
Train was late, but had made up most of the time when it arrived at Victoria. Pleasant swift march through the back streets took me to my destination in time for the meeting. This was fruitful, though laboured. At least I had a chance to talk to the elusive Shadow and set him up to review contract tomorrow. Esteemed client wants me to go to Worcester on Wednesday... have several things to re-arrange if that is to be accommodated.

Advantage of the train journeys was the opportunity to get stuck into my current book. "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown is just superb. A gripping read with the sort of coalescence of ideas between religion, science, history and art that really tickles the imagination. Great book. I was so hooked that even when I got home, I stuck with it until finished.

No comments: