Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2004

No Win

I splashed out on a lottery ticket for the draw last week. I didn't win. It would have been nice to sort the family out and get them all on a sound financial footing. I guess it will have to wait for another time.

Billy Connolly has a programme on TV showing his recent tour of New Zealand. I had always had a perception of NZ as a rugged and pretty place. I was not quite prepared for just how beautiful it appears to be. It seems like a gentle place, locked in the niceties of civilisation at it was 40 years ago. It has just leapt onto my list of places we must visit.

Went across to Havant to review the bathroom suites that we had seen in a brochure. Much easier to see them in real life. I think we are now happy with our choices and able to go ahead once we can afford it! Even managed to agree of taps and shower mixers.

Watched the football in the afternoon - great to see the arrogance and petulance of the Gunners beaten by the grit, determination, and hard work of Liverpool. I'll bet Cousteau-cub is happy. That leaves a 5 point cushion at the top of the table for Chelsea. Spurs won also... that made the Gorse Fox happy.

No comments: