Search This Blog

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Busy morning.
I was determined to replace the phone in my study. The volume of the earpiece, and the handsfree operation has been useless. After the teleconf with auntie the other day, I had had enough. This morning I started with trip to Littlehampton and a wander round the phone available from Curry's. Wide choice, but no means of testing what they had. Indeed they seemed reluctanct to open a box and let me see the instructions for one phone! There's customer service for you... "Curry's, always cutting corners".
Moved on to the L/h Hight Street. Never been there before, what a depressing place. I looks as if there has been no investment since the early 1950s. It was drab and deserted. However, they had a small phone shop. Very limited choice... but they were helpful, there. Despite that I left empty handed, and headed for Worthing without any firm view of where I would look.
In Worthing I ended up at Carphone Warehouse. What service! They were happy to unpack three separate phones and set them up on their own phone line to test the features and functions. They really understand customer service and could give a few lessons to Currys, Dixons and the like. Ended up with a neat digital cordless phone with handsfree operation.

Disappointed to hear that Santini has left Spurs. Let's hope his replacement can continue the way Santini started the season.

No comments: