Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Male on Sunday

What a busy day.

I cracked on with the log caddy, but having finished the slatted shelves I ran on one, I ran out of screws for the other. No major problem as I knew I'd have to get some more feather-edge anyway. So off I went to sunny Littlehampton... no quick trip this, however. Traffic along the by-pass was terrible. Nose-to-tail, crawling along like the M25 during rush-hour. Never found out what the reason was... I guess it was just the usual Sussex drivers trying to see how slowly and badly they can drive.

Arrived back, eventually, and completed the caddy, and also put a side on the one I started last week-end. Half way through I realised I'd been putting the feather-edge on upside-down! Stupid boy. It'll just have to stay like that now. It still needs some paint, but essentially it's ready for the arrival of the logs.

The Silver Vixen also spent the day in the garden, tidying up various bits and pieces, and also putting down black membrane over the stumps of the recently removed hedges. Hopefully that will stop them from starting to re-grow.

It really was a glorious day. Wall to wall blue sky, and pleasantly warm until the sun started to go down.

No comments: